Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Sous Chef is a leader in the kitchen and will assist in managing all culinary aspects of Paradise Restaurant.
* Assist executive chef in day to day operations of fine dining restaurants.
* Responsibilities include writing daily menu, ordering, receiving , teaching culinary students, scheduling, etc
* Supervises daily operations of the kitchen and staff in accordance with defined food program to set standards.
* Managing budget and food cost control
* Supervising kitchen staff and developing staff
* Create a team atmosphere and lead by example
* Assist with hiring, discipline and retaining employees
* Other duties as assigned per management
* Graduate of accredited culinary program or ACF apprenticeship program or 5 years culinary supervisory experience in a hotel or resort setting
* Demonstrate the ability to communicate professionally. Must be able to write and produce menu.
* Culinary degree preferred.
* High school diploma or equivalent is required
* The ability to work independently and contribute to a positive, productive work environment
* A flexible schedule including early mornings, weekends, and holidays
* Be able to lift up to 50lbs and stand for long periods of time
* Resumes required
We are the wild ones. Free, untamed, unstructured and unlike the others. We are confident in who we are and what we seek. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and live boldly with our choices. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177595