Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Paradise Restaurant is located at mid-mountain on Crested Butte Mountain. This restaurant offers several food stations to our guests ranging from grill, noodle bowls, street tacos and pizza. This is a great opportunity for someone that wants to take on a fast pace growing restaurant.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* This person is either a graduate of a two year culinary program with three years post graduate increasing quality experience, or has at least seven years' experience in quality establishments. This position is responsible for the supervision and training of employees, and the preparation and production of food.
* The Executive Chef is responsible for hiring, training and disciplining kitchen personnel.
* Must carry out the rules and quality standards set by the Resort Executive Chef and General Manager
* Responsible for all aspects of the kitchen when the Executive Chef is absent.
* The Executive Chef is proficient in all positions in the kitchen
* The Executive Chef is proficient with managing multiple stations.
* Responsible for training, overseeing and evaluating employees
* Assist in the creation, engineering, costing, and management of menu in addition to monthly inventory, staff scheduling, and purchasing/ordering
* Responsible for proper condition and cleanliness of kitchen and equipment, ensuring proper safety and sanitation, and safe service of food
* Should have the ability to work all stations in the kitchen, and have a proven ability to supervise, communicate, and work well with coworkers and service staff
* Adheres to Vail Resorts Culinary Guidelines
* Owns proper culinary tools
* Understands the importance of personal hygiene, safe food handling practices, and advanced culinary skills
* Understands the importance of Standards, Speed, and Quality
* This employee supports company philosophy, goals, and objectives
* Takes responsibility for the product used in their outlet and manages it to assure a quality product
* Responsible for and supervises lower level cooks in regards to food handling including: rotation, sanitation of all storage areas, labeling and dating, and insures all storage areas are maintained
* Advises higher rated cooks and/or management of anticipated problems
* Assists in the direction and supervision of staff
* Assists in the creation, usage, and follow through of prep lists, cleaning list, and closing lists
* Assists in food ordering
* Demonstrates excellent teamwork and cooperation with service staff
* 5 years culinary experience in a fast-paced restaurant - required.
* Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
* Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
* High school diploma or equivalent - required.
* Team oriented attitude is a must
* Must be fluent in English - required.
* ServeSafe or Food Handler's certification (or be able to attain) - required
* Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents' Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
* 1-2 years managerial experience - required.
* Basic knowledge of the Spanish language - preferred.
We are the wild ones. Free, untamed, unstructured and unlike the others. We are confident in who we are and what we seek. We take bold risks to pursue our passions and live boldly with our choices. Our dedication to our mountains, community, coworkers and guests set us apart and bring us together. Come join us at the end of the road.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177374