Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Summary of Job: Responsible for accurately and efficiently processing restaurant sales through the use of a point of sale system (POS), light cleaning and light cooking.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Accurately and efficiently ring up customer sales
* Ensure an enthusiastic and professional level of customer service
* Greet and acknowledge each customer
* Utilizing the guests name if they pay by pass or credit card
* Have an overall knowledge of specials, on property events and activities, and services offered by Afton
* Adhere to all company policies and guidelines
* Maintain orderly appearance of register and surrounding areas
* Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
* Assist customers where possible
* Provide answers to product and payment-related queries
* Resolve customer complaints or bring the issue to your supervisor
* Accurately process sales using the cash register and POS
* Accept cash, resort charge, and bankcards for payment
* Process payments according to company procedure
* Provide change for cash payments
* Issue receipts for payments received
* Stay up to date on all promotions and special offers
* Issue refunds and credits
* Process returns and exchanges
* Ensure sufficient change is available
* Maintain accurate records of transactions
* May be required to assist in other areas such as shelf stocking, product display, and cleaning
* Maintain a neat, tidy and orderly work area
* Balance sales and receipts in closing duties according to company procedure
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Ability to multi-task.
* Professionalism and strong guest service skills, attention to detail and timeliness.
* High level of interpersonal skills to ensure: teamwork, high level guest contact, and commitment to guest service.
* Must demonstrate ability to receive and give direction and act upon it.
* Certified Slip Resistant shoes are required prior starting work. Shoes must be provided by the employee.
* Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year. Must be willing to work evenings, holidays and weekends - Required
* Weight Lifted - At least 25lbs
* Lifting Frequency - Frequent
* Standing Frequency - Frequent
* Walking Frequency - Frequent
* Reaching - Some of the time
* Climbing/Balancing - Some of the time
* Stoop, Kneel, Crouch, Crawl - Some of the time
* Serve Others: Own It. Personalize It. Elevate It.
Identifies and take ownership of opportunities to assist the customer; listens and responds to customer needs to personalize the experience; is committed to elevating the customer experience; communicates clearly and effectively; is flexible to adjust plans to meet customers' changing needs; collaborates with team members and peers; exhibits a service attitude that is engaging with customers.
* Do Right: Act with Integrity - always do the right thing, knowing it leads to the right outcome.
Follows through on commitments; is honest and trustworthy; understands and complies with company policies and procedures; considers stakeholder interests in decision making; takes ownership of actions and decisions; receptive and responsive to others' feedback; identifies and communicates ethical concerns.
* Drive Value: Grow profit through smart and innovative business practices.
Is a positive advocate for the company; is aware of the impact of decisions and actions on company profitability; works efficiently; completes tasks accurately and manages time well; strives for continual improvement and growth; is open to and suggests new ideas; uses company resources appropriately; demonstrates financial discipline.
* Do Good: Preserve our natural environment and contribute to the success of our local communities.
Has an awareness of the company's Epic Promise program; considers the environmental and community impact of decisions and actions; takes actions in support of the company's environmental initiatives; understands the company's connection with our local communities.
* Be Safe: Be committed to the safety and wellness of our employees and Guests.
Promotes a culture of health and safety; takes personal accountability for the safety of self and others; understands and communicates safety procedures and expectations; utilizes all relevant safety resources; identifies and appropriately reports risk.
* Have Fun: Fun is our product - create fun, enjoy your work and share the contagious spirit.
Shares enthusiasm for our products and services; is able to overcome challenges while maintaining a positive attitude; inspires others and integrates fun into the work environment; is approachable and welcoming to customers; promotes an engaging, inclusive atmosphere.
Create incredible experiences for guests at the Midwest's premier winter destination. In the scenic St. Croix River Valley, this big-time resort with a small town feel has converted thousands of first-timers into lifelong skiers and riders. This truly is where Epic begins for skiers of all levels and can be where your epic career begins, too. Become part of the Afton Alps family.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 172447