Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Responsible for providing efficient Club operations and the delivery of extraordinary guest service and "Legendary Attention to Detail" to our White Carpet Club guests. The White Carpet Club Concierge will work closely with the Ski School Ambassadors, the Product Sales and Services Team, the BC Ski and Snowboard School, and equipment delivery teams to ensure seamless guest experiences.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Fulfill all daily operations of the White Carpet Club.
* Answer phone calls, email and in-person inquiries regarding White Carpet Club amenities, services, and prices.
* Work on a computer with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency, and speed.
* Gather and document accurate guest information, make sales calls to future guests, and send follow up emails.
* Assist guests with lift ticket and pass purchases, as well as private lesson reservations.
* Resolve guest relation and/or product issues in an expedient manner.
* Foster special relationships with guests to anticipate needs.
* Assist in setting the Club up for the day -- coffee, pastries, arrival packets, receiving delivered skis, etc.
* Assist guests with equipment needs, to include buckling boots and carrying ski/snowboard equipment.
* Place boot on dryers at the end of each ski day, and then neatly store boots in guests' lockers the following morning.
* Ensure inventory for consumable products (hand warmers, paper products, beverage items, etc.) are fully stocked -- communicate to Lead or Manager when inventories are low and in need of restocking.
* Assist in managing locker assignments, equipment deliveries and returns, and arrival and departure details.
* Support Ambassador Team and coordinate reservations for the First Tracks experience.
* Set up and confirm Cabin and other on-mountain reservations.
* Provide on-going feedback to White Carpet Club Lead or Manager regarding team or guest service issues, and determine solutions and suggestions.
* Must be able to multi-task, be versatile, and flexible.
* High School diploma or equivalent - required
* Some college experience - preferred
* Prior guest service experience - required
* Valid, active driver's license -- can pass MRV check - required (Applicable for team members driving a Company vehicle.)
* RPOS, Guest Connect or other Point of Sale software - preferred
* Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - required
* English - required
* Can clearly express self verbally and in writing, using correct grammar - required
* Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment with high profile members - required
* Ability to answer questions and speak knowledgeably about all White Carpet Club services and amenities, as well as resort products and services (in particular Ski School and information relative to lift ticket/pass products) - required
* Ability to lift and transport 30 pounds - required
* Must be able to work the whole season, to include scheduled weekends and holidays - required
* Adherence to Presentation Policy - required
* Demonstrates attention to detail - required
* Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
* Discount lift tickets for friends and family
* Free ski lessons
* Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
* Discounted bike haul & golf
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Excellent training and professional development
We're looking for team members whose legendary attention to detail and commitment to phenomenal service comes naturally. Pursue a lifestyle that will elevate your expectation of what work can look like. Nothing is too big or too small for the staff to bravely pursue and elevate the expectations of the guest. Do you possess a calling for delivering world-class events and amenities? Then Beaver Creek is for you.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 176725