Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Functions as mid-level equipment operator. Operates heavy equipment, including backhoe loader, front end loader, dozers, fork lifts, water trucks, and other heavy equipment and/or operates light equipment requiring a high degree of skill (e.g. expert sawyer). May perform heavy manual labor, re-vegetate trails, and build and maintain fences. Previous training and experience in equipment operation is required.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* Responsible for the snow plowing and snow removal operations at the resort, including ensuring slick surfaces are covered with traction material.
* Provide the safest possible surfaces for our guests and employees to drive and walk on.
* Provide excellent internal and external guest service.
* Safely and efficiently operate all equipment used by the Mt Ops team including but not limited to Skid Steers, snow blowers, plow trucks, backhoe, front end loader, and dump truck.
* Monitor all equipment and make sure that all issues are addressed promptly and communicated with Vehicle Maintenance.
* Responsible for routine vehicle checks daily.
* Responsible for tire chain removal / installation and repairs.
* Ability to work unsupervised with a task list required.
* Must have valid driver's license and clean driving record
* Must have the ability to lift 75lbs
* Must have the ability to perform manual, vigorous labor in varying weather conditions, including snow, ice, wind and rain.
* Must be able to pass loader operator test (Intermediate and Advanced Classifications)
* Previous experience preferred not required
* Must have a flexible schedule which would include the ability to work early mornings, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
Kirkwood is for those that embrace the big mountain lifestyle and are as passionate about skiing and riding as they are about creating amazing experiences for our guests. Magical, raw, expansive and remote…Kirkwood is the stuff of legend. We're famous for legendary snowfall, challenging inbounds terrain, backcountry guided tours and premier avalanche education programs. Those that come here come for an adventure unique to Kirkwood! Join our close-knit team working at one of the most stunning alpine resorts in the country.
No transportation? Don't want to make the drive? No problem! We have an employee shuttle that runs EVERYDAY from South Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood, free of cost! We encourage all employees who don't want to make the commute themselves to jump on the shuttle, sit back and relax, on their way to work!
If you would prefer to drive AND want to make some extra cash, you will definitely want to participate in our Employee Carpool Program! Make up to $25.00 a DAY just for driving your fellow employees to work!
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 175628