Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Hostess/Host is responsible for greeting, welcoming, seating, and assisting guests. Coordinates guest seating to balance server workload and ensure efficiency. May also be responsible for taking reservations, and documenting/fulfilling guest date, time, and seating preferences.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Report to work promptly in a clean and neat state, with clothes pressed.
* Assign each waitress a section and post in wait prep area- confer with manager on duty.
* Answer phone reservations and map on reservation chart.
* Allow 10-15 minutes between tables within sections.
* It is most important to be at the hostess station and only leave when you are seating a guest.
* Be sure to notify wait person of a new table.
* When seating the guests, give each person a menu, each child a children's menu, crayons, and activity sheet, and one wine and beer list for each table.
* Always check menus before opening and replace any that are dirty or torn.
* Above all, have a smile on your face and warmly greet each guest.
* Check with shift manager for other duties.
* Contribute to team effort by participating in Job Sharing, assuming responsibility for the cleanliness of the resort and safety of guests and employees; participating in safety meetings; accepting diverse assignments; maintain a positive and friendly attitude and demeanor in all internal and external interactions.
* Meet service level objectives and department goals as set forth by immediate supervisor.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
* One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
With diverse tree-lined mountain trails, a world-class terrain park and a vibrant village, Northstar is the perfect setting for families and snow sports enthusiasts alike. Nestled in the Sierra Nevada just 15 minutes from Lake Tahoe, 30 minutes from Reno and a few hours from Napa and San Francisco, it's easy to explore everything Northern California has to offer. Join the Northstar team and learn why Truckee, CA has been voted one of the "Top 25 Ski Towns in the World."
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177145