Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
The Snow Reporter reports Heavenly's daily conditions, weather, events and other communications/ marketing messages in many and various snow reporting outlets. They are responsible for writing, recording audio reports, working with multiple computer programs, and completing all tasks in a quick, timely, and professional way. Tasks must be completed under strict deadlines early in the morning. The Snow Reporter must strive to obtain and maintain a high standard of quality reporting and be very detail-oriented.
Additional responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Early-morning attendance required (5a.m. - 1:30 p.m. five days per week) - cannot be late
* Write about marketing messages, conditions, weather and other snow reporting facts daily, in word documents, emails, blogs and tweets, without spelling mistakes
* Must have clear spoken voice to record multiple daily phone reports with enthusiasm
* Maintain awareness and knowledge of Heavenly's operations on a day-to-day basis
* Coordinate and cooperate seamlessly with Mountain Dispatch
* Degree and/or one year equivalent experience in communications or marketing related field Ability to speak, read, and communicate clearly in English
* Ability to read and comprehend fast-paced correspondence
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Intermediate/ advanced computer skills
* Professionalism and strong communications skills
* Strong writing skills
* Ability to multi-task efficiently and work under tight deadlines, deal with change well
* Work well under pressure
* Be on time, reliable, responsible, and be at work no later than 5am on scheduled days
* Must have reliable transportation even on snow days
* Background in communications, marketing or journalism
* Knowledge of social media, including Twitter
If you want to work for a different kind of ski resort, you've found your perfect match at Heavenly. With a massive mountain full of off-the-grid terrain and incredible views of Lake Tahoe, Heavenly is for those who want to go big and forge their own path. From on-mountain concerts to world-famous après ski parties and a one-of-a-kind DJ CAT, Heavenly exudes high-energy from first chair to last call. Come be a part of the team committed to delivering a refreshingly unique ski experience.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 175578