Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Food Runners at Game Creek wear two hats - they expedite and run food during the public dinner service, as well as clear plates and reset tables, while also working as a server at lunch for the Game Creek Club membership. Working as a food runner requires adaptability in many styles of service.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
* The food runner ensures the presentation of every plate going into the dining room and ensures it is delivered to the correct table.
* Works as a liaison between servers and kitchen staff.
* Responsible for carrying out and delivering food and maintaining the service window.
* Responsible for the presentation of every plate going into the dining room.
* Must be knowledgeable of proper table set up, menu and course descriptions and restaurant organization.
* Will perform daily setup and cleaning duties, including, but not limited to stocking, polishing silver, glass and dishware; setting, bussing and clearing tables; trash and recycling removal; expediting food; serving food and drinks; waiting tables; bussing; and any other duties assigned
* Must have explicit knowledge of the menus and be able to make recommendations as well as answer questions regarding dish preparations and bar selections.
* Must have a friendly and courteous attitude toward guests - required.
* Previous table service experience - required.
* Previous work experience in a private club - preferred.
* Must be able to lift and carry 40+ lbs - required.
* Must be able to stand for 8+ hours - required.
* Must be fluent in English - required.
* Must be able to work lunch and dinner shifts - required.
* Must be available to work weekends and holidays including: Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, December 26th through January 2nd, Presidents' Day Weekend, and any other holidays as requested - required.
* High school diploma or equivalent - preferred
* ServSafe or Food Handler's Card (or ability to obtain) - required.
* Free Ski passes for employees and dependents
* Discount lift tickets for friends and family
* Free ski lessons
* Discounted lodging, food, gear and mountain shuttles
* Discounted bike haul & golf
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans (full-time positions)
* 401(k) Retirement Plan
* Excellent training and professional development
Learn More About:
Game Creek Restaurant:
Vail Mountain Dining:
Be a part of the resort where it all started. Imagine belonging to a team that delivers the life of luxury to its guests while infusing the mountain lifestyle in every experience. Are you someone that never settles for second best? Take your mountain exploration to the next level and join a passionate group of people who thrive on extraordinary customer service. Come help us deliver unparalleled adventures in a place that is unrivaled and unflinching. Join the team at Vail - a place that's Like Nothing on Earth.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 176684