Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's most innovative companies and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
Manage overall operation of the Front Desk to provide the highest standards of courteous service while meeting and exceeding profit levels. Communicates effectively in writing and verbally to provide clear direction to staff. Observes performance and encourages improvement. Interviews, selects, trains, supervises, evaluates, counsels, develops and administers progressive disciplinary procedures for front desk to ensure that the Vail Marriott's high standards of quality are met. Provides assistance to the front desk team and ownership of guest services standards within the hotel.
* The Assistant Front Desk Manager will assure guest service standards are being applied consistently to all hotel and departmental policies and procedures.
* Active presence at the Front Desk, manage by leading by example on front line.
* Proactively manages room inventory to maximize both profitability and guest experience.
* Oversees the front desk to ensure efficient and timely communication of all guest needs.
* Proactive and quick responding with guests on behalf of the Vail Marriott to ensure no guest leaves the hotel unsatisfied.
* Preparation of all reports and paperwork, ensuring all reports for management are completed accurately and submitted on a timely basis including financial reporting, accruals, etc.
* Organize scheduling of the Front Desk team according to business levels, groups and needs and issuing this to the team in a timely manner weekly.
* Respond and address all Employee Engagement feedback. Hire, Train and hold accountable with discipline all team members in a timely and professional manner.
* Highly organized individual with an excellent track record of team development and guest relations.
* Excel at soliciting guest feedback via our guest satisfaction system and ensuring VIP systems and services are in place and executed. Respond to all guest inquiries and phone calls within 24 hours
* Assist front desk supervisors and staff as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
* High school diploma; college degree in business, hospitality management or related preferred
* 3+ years customer service experience in a luxury hotel setting
* Exceptional customer service skills with focus on building relationships
* Knowledge of mountain resort style amenities and local offerings
* Excellent problem resolution skills along with outstanding communication and active listening skills
* Ability to coordinate various tasks with multiple departments
* Ability to complete tasks in a time manner and meet deadlines
* Ability to speak in a large group setting
* Ability to work flexible hours which include holidays and weekends
* Highly responsible with a professional presentation
* Proficient in MS Office
* Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
One Job - Double the Benefits.
Working for the Marriott at Vail gives you access to the phenomenal mountain town that is Vail, CO and all the perks that come with being a Vail Resorts Employee (Free Ski Pass, discounted lodging at all Vail properties, discounts on retail items and FB locations). Not only that, but take advantage of the Marriott team member benefits (discounted room rates at all Marriott's nation-wide) to truly get the most out of your hospitality experience. Come join our team of incredible people with passion for customer service and making sure everyone checking in feels like they are home.
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 177071