Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: MN > LITTLE FALLS > ST GABRIEL'S HOSPITAL
Under general supervision, perform skilled functions and activities in cooking, baking and salad preparation in large quantities; assist in monitoring nutrition service personnel and in the maintenance of a food service facility in an orderly, safe and sanitary condition.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
* Prepare (ex: wash, chop, slice, mix, grate), assemble, cook and bake a variety of food items, including cakes, cookies, breads, rolls, vegetables, entrees, side dishes and sandwiches.
* Adhere to pre-determined menus and standardized recipes.
* Prepare salad greens and vegetables and set up serving areas.
* Review recipes and menus, estimate needed ingredients and the time required for the preparation, cooking and baking of a variety of foods and baked goods.
* Assist in receiving, inspecting, inventory control, storage and preparation for transport of food, supplies and materials.
* Maintain the food service facility in a clean, safe and sanitary condition.
* Ensure that all food is handled properly and safely.
* Perform cashiering duties; receive cash and make change.
* Operating kitchen equipment including mixer, slicer, dishwasher, warmer, ovens and other equipment.
* Clean and sanitize dishes, trays, pots, pans, utensils, grills and other kitchen equipment.
* Set up and breakdown food preparation lines and services areas; assure proper stock levels are maintained at serving tables.
* Assure proper food item portions are prepare and distributed according to program requirements.
* Review, inspect and taste foods to determine quality, appearance and edibility.
* Maintain records (ex: temperature logs, transport records, etc.).
* May coordinate the activities of other nutrition service personnel.
* May assist in the training of nutrition service personnel.
* Operate a computer and related software applications (i.e. point of sale, email).
* May transport supplies.
* Other related work as required.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Prefer HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA or GED
Required Licensure and Certifications
Prefer Serv Safe Certification
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Reading ,Writing and computer skills
Two years preferred healthcare cooking
* Requisition ID: 2019-R
* Schedule: Part-time
* Market: CHI St. Gabriels Health