Job Title: Server
Job Type: Full-time & Part-time
Pay Rate: $4.00 plus tips
Reports to: F&B Manager
The Server is responsible for providing prompt and efficient food service according to Bentwater Yacht & Country Club standards.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Above 18 years of age
- Prior restaurant experience preferred, but not required
- On the job training provided upon employment
- TABC (Texas Alcohol Beverage Commission) certification must be completed within 30 days of start date
- Reliable, willingness to learn-good attitude with people.
- Personable/outgoing, good with people
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet Members and guests and provide with the highest quality of service in a friendly manner
- Complete all required set-up and break-down duties in accordance with set standards
- Responsible for detail of your section of dining room, table properly set, salt and pepper and sugar caddies are clean and full
- Expedite all ordered menu items in the kitchen and ensure they go out correctly
- Check bulletin board for any messages or special information
- Adhere to all company cash handling procedures
- Close out all food and beverage checks as they are paid
- Prepare all daily reports for all food and beverage sales
- Monitor and record all voids, deletions, and discounts or comps with a supervisor/manager's signature
- Maintain and present a high degree of personal cleanliness at all times
- Adhere to company safety guidelines
- Fulfill any additional request made by supervisor/manager in regards to your position
- Arrive at scheduled times, neat, alert and in full uniform.
- Provide excellent customer service, take orders, and promptly deliver food to guests.
- Stay updated on current menu choices, specialties and menu deviations.
- Work closely with other wait staff and the kitchen to ensure the restaurant is operated efficiently.
- Prepare room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates and utensils
- Protect establishment and guest by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policies
- Keep kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression
- Maintain table setting by removing courses as completed; replenishing utensils; refilling water glasses; being alert to patron spills or other special needs
- Be extremely courteous, cordial and polite to the members, guests and co-workers.
- Maintain flexible availability which may include working weekends, double shifts and holidays
Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, and use hands to handle items. Employee may occasionally lift and/or up to 50 pounds.
Benefits Offered for Full-time Employees:
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Employee E-meal
About us: HOUSTON’S PREMIER, GATED, WATERFRONT, GOLF COMMUNITY. Ideally located along 12.5 miles of Lake Conroe shoreline, our 1,400-acre master-planned community offers one of the most uniquely beautiful backdrops for living in the Houston area. Perfectly positioned between two breathtaking, protected natural environments – the 22,000-acre Lake Conroe and the 160,000-acre Sam Houston National Forest, Bentwater offers a lifestyle that is both relaxed and vibrant. Residents enjoy a resort style life and the convenience of every “creature comfort” just minutes from Bentwater’s 24-hour, manned entrance. Anchored by a stately Country Country that boasts 54-holes of championship golf, a 10,000 square foot Fitness Center, Day Spa, Racquet Club, Guest Villas, Yacht Club, Marina and the highly acclaimed, ultra private, all-green Grand Pines Golf Club. Residents and guests of Bentwater enjoy close proximately to world-class dining, shopping, entertainment, outdoor recreation, health care and one of the nation’s busiest international travel hubs, Bush Intercontinental Airport. Bentwater's uniquely beautiful natural surroundings and exquisite offering of amenities have also established it as Lake Conroe's premier, waterfront wedding & special event venue