Mill Valley Inn, a 25 room, boutique hotel, in Mill Valley is looking for a part-time Front Desk Host (2-4 shifts; days/evenings per week). Scheduled shifts are typically the same, week to week, but candidates must be flexible, and willing to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays.
Mill Valley Inn is perfectly located one block from downtown Mill Valley. It is nestled in a lovely Redwood grove and is a well-known, Marin County Hotel. If you are looking to work in an intimate, upscale hotel environment and enjoy working with people, are reliable and loyal, and want to learn and grow, then we want you! Experience is definitely a plus, but we are willing to train candidates with excellent customer service skills and customer service experience, and who can meet and exceed our essential qualifications.
The Front Desk position comprises, but is not limited to, the following duties: Giving fantastic, friendly, and outgoing service to our guests, checking guests into and out of the hotel, making hotel reservations over the phone, answering questions and responding to needs of in-house guests, assisting with breakfast and events, setting up complimentary wine hour, booking transportation and restaurant reservations for guests, running daily reports in the PMS (Property Management System), assisting with special projects as time permits, light cleaning as time permits, ordering of weekly goods.
Candidates must possess the following qualifications/skills:
1. Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with guests, co-workers and management to their understanding.
2. Past experience in a customer service oriented position with an overwhelming desire to bring joy to guests and give them the best possible experience that they can have.
3. Ability to use Microsoft Office as well the aptitude to learn reservation software and other pertinent programs.
4. Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperativeness and work with a minimum of supervision.
5. Basic math skills
6. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
5. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse frustration.
6. Ability to work well under pressure of check-in/check-out of guests and handle multiple tasks at once.
7. High school graduate.
8. Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
9. Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
1. Previous guest relations training
2. Previous experience with automated property management system
3. Previous hotel experience.
Essential Physical Abilities:
*Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, such as reaching, bending and stooping.
*Remain in stationary position for a maximum eight hours (excluding meal and rest breaks) throughout work shift.
*Ability to grasp, bend, and stoop; push or pull heavy loads weighing up to 75 lbs.; and lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes, and luggage.
Mill Valley Inn offers a competitive hourly wage. Please email resumes only. Calls and drop in's will not be responded to.
Mill Valley is a small town famous for its quality of life, with good reason: natural abundance side-by-side with a sophisticated and charming small town.
With trails winding through fragrant Redwood groves leading to panoramic views, Mill Valley is a haven for bikers, hikers, tree huggers, and explorers. Trails are easily accessible from the hotel; in fact one of the more than 175 hidden stairways of Mill Valley starts on our property, a perfect place to launch an on-foot exploration.
Add in local restaurants, cafes, makers, shops, and musicians steps from the hotel and you'll see why a stay at the Mill Valley Inn is an experience with a unique sense of place.