A Banquet/Line cook is responsible for the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, fry, saute, broiler, banquet production kitchen, and other stations or other areas of the kitchen. This position will work afternoon or evening shifts primarily but may be assigned to the morning shift, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up stations according to Club's Culinary Team guidelines
- Prepares all food items in a timely and sanitary manner
- Follows recipes, portion controls, and presentation specifications as set by the Club's Executive Chef
- Restocks all items as needed throughout shift for timely production
- Cleans, directs and maintains the stations in practicing good safety, sanitation, and organizational skills
- Has understanding and knowledge to properly use / maintain / clean all equipment in station & kitchen
- Assists with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of kitchen, walk-in coolers, shelves, equipment and small tools and all food storage areas.
- Performs additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as requested by the Executive Chef or Line Lead at any time
- Maintains a current Washington State Health Card and ensures that all health department standards of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Works with all standards of the Club safety guidelines on all operational equipment.
- Follows the culinary / food services workers rules of conduct at the Club
- 18 years or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Above average understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Previous prep or line cook experience
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends
- English language and professional communications skills are required
- Ability to take direction, work in a team environment and work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized
- Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge
- Ability to meet the physical demands listed below
- Have a valid and updated Health Card at all times
- Math skills pass a verbal or written test of cooking weights and measures
- Positive attitude; takes pride and ownership in job
- Customer-service orientation to create an atmosphere of genuine care for members and guests and to provide a high level of personalized service.
- Can-do, pro-active attitude
- Ability to think and act quickly, problem solve, and perform effectively under pressure while maintaining a professional, helpful, and poised demeanor.
- Clean, neat appearance at all times
- This position will spend 90% of the time standing
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water
- The individual must be able to transport up to 50 pounds on occasion and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Must be able to speak, read and understand basic cooking directions
- Must be able to hear with 100% accuracy with correction
- Must be able to see 20/20 vision with correction
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud; air temperature often high; Safety practices and training of all equipment is a requirement such as waste disposal and dish washing machine.