PeaceHealth is seeking a Food Service Assistant -Kitchen PHSW Medical Center for a per diem, Variable shift position.
Req ID: 177787 JOB SUMMARY
This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks which includes preparation, service, clean-up and delivery of food products in support of hospital food and catering service operations using HACCP guidelines for safe food handling. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Prepare, mix, assemble, portion, serve, and store food following applicable guidelines.
- Operate dish machine, wash pots and perform heavy cleaning duties following safety and sanitation guidelines.
- Transport equipment, food, supplies and trash as directed.
- May act as cafeteria cashier/running the cash register.
- Follow guidelines for assigned station set-up and clean-up.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year previous work experience preferred. Retail food service experience preferred.
- Valid Food Handlers Card.
- Strong customer service skills.
SOUTHWEST PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge and understanding of proper food handling and sanitation.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to effectively and safely perform the functions of this role.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
- Work may require moderate physical exertion more than 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 80 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to skin or lung irritants; extreme cold or heat; sharp instruments such as kitchen knives, scalpels, etc.; or dangerous equipment.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. About PeaceHealth
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage:
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications. Location:
Vancouver, Southwest Medical Center (150) Job Category:
Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift:
Variable Shift Length:
8 Hours FTE:
0.0 Work Type:
Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at:
$12.82, more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
Food Handlers Card - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support ||Food & Nutrition Services || Per Diem/Relief || CLINICAL SUPP SVCS