Counter Assistants and Barista at One65, a multi-culinary concept in the heart of Union Square.
ONE65 is seeking Counter Assistants and Baristas to become an integral part of our team at One65 Patisserie!
You will be responsible for both counter and table service to patrons at our establishment.
Executive Chef-Partner, acclaimed Michelin Star and James Beard Award winner, Claude Le Tohic, has proudly opened ONE65 Patisserie. Located in Union Square, ONE65 Patisserie and Boutique is a contemporary French-style grand patisserie with classic bistro seating. The Patisserie offers modern casual dining and take-away, with convenient breakfast and lunch options. The menu features an extensive range of house-made delights, including delectable, freshly baked French pastries, breads, ice cream and chocolates, along with barista service and a selection of wines available by the glass or bottle.
• Prepare coffee and other beverage selections for guests
• Responsible for patisserie sales and table service
• Greet and make all guests feel welcome
• Attention and dedication to all aspects of elevating the guest dining experience
• Knowledge of all menu items and food preparation techniques
• Detailed, informed explanation to guests about pastry and beverage offerings
• Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely fashion
• Clean and prepare the seating areas
• Perform other duties as assigned
ONE65 offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with an experienced and dedicated management team. A passion for providing a perfect guest experience is imperative. Our busy patisserie will be a great setting to showcase existing experience, and to expand on that knowledge. This position requires a strong work ethic, reliability and attention to detail. There is an opportunity for advancement within the company.
• Retail, hospitality, and/or customer service experience is preferred, but not required. We welcome all qualified applicants and will provide training for the right candidates.
• Ability to build rapport with guests
• Upbeat, positive attitude and commitment to teamwork
• Ability to thrive and multi-task in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Accurately handle cash and credit card payments, following appropriate cash-handling procedures
• Ability to lift 50 pounds, and stand for long periods of time
• Food handler's certificate required (can be facilitated)
Full-Time and Part-Time positions are available
Variable hourly wage, commensurate with experience. This is a tipped position.
Medical benefit choices, and optional Vision and Dental coverage available
Please address inquiries and resumes
ONE65 is an innovative multi-level culinary destination with French flair that offers four distinct modern dining experiences under one roof. Ranging from casual to fine dining, each floor showcases its own individual concept and design. Occupying all six stories of a restored historic French Beaux Arts building at 165 O'Farrell Street in San Francisco, ONE65 brings something exciting and unique to San Francisco's culinary map. It showcases ONE65 Patisserie & Boutique on the first floor, ONE65 Bistro & Grill on the third floor, Elements Bar & Lounge on the fourth floor, and O' by Claude Le Tohic on the fifth and sixth floors. There are three private dining rooms available on the sixth floor: The Cherrywood Room offers seating for up to 20 guests, while The Moss Room can accommodate up to six guests. Also on the sixth floor is an intimate room with a spacious Chef's Table for eight guests, which offers a window on O' by Claude Le Tohic's state-of-the-art kitchen for a unique culinary experience.
ONE65 is the vision of Michelin-starred and James Beard Award-winning Chef/Partner Claude Le Tohic, who came to San Francisco for its abundance and the accessibility of superior ingredients. Everything at ONE65 is made in-house, from gourmet ice cream to beautiful loaves of fresh-baked bread. On the second floor, there is a room dedicated entirely to making artisanal chocolates. "With ONE65, I wanted to create a morning-till-night, modern French culinary destination, accessible to everyone, without pretense, offering high-quality cuisine in a friendly and welcoming environment," said Le Tohic. "Each floor has its own personality and its own food, to please every audience."