About our Company:
Martin Resorts is a collection of premier hotels on the Central Coast of California. Since its founding, it began with a simple vision from Tom Martin that the company holds close to its heart every day. With everything that the company does, the mission, vision, and values are the centerpiece for driving our team members and providing the best guest experience at our hotels in San Luis Obispo.
The mission of Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. The five core values that our team members live by every day include:
- Leadership: Do the right thing when no one is looking, and accept ownership in everything we do.
- Empowerment: Developed by trust, training, support, and respect.
- Authentic: Genuine service, people and experiences.
- Distinction: Continuous pursuit of the highest standards-going above and beyond.
- +HUMM: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
As a Pantry Cook, you accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. We are seeking an individual who is able to work efficiently and quickly as restaurant kitchens can be hot, noisy, and stressful places. To be successful in this position, experience in the food service industry and commitment to impeccable food presentation and garnishing is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business. Your main role as a Pantry Cook at The Steakhouse is to perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnished for all hot menu item plates.
Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, saut burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sauting or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to Work Efficiently and Independently
- Attention to Detail
- Possess Time Management
- Maintain and Possess Composure
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of six months kitchen experience preferred
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds frequently to assist guests
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff, vendors and guests a normal in-person and phone conversation
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel
Ascend and descend a ladder
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.