PeaceHealth is seeking a Environmental Services Attendant I - Environmental Services for a 0.6 full time equivalent Non-Exempt position.
This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of 8 Hours.
Req ID: 168272 JOB SUMMARY
This position is responsible for the cleaning and sanitizing rooms, floors, fixtures and furnishings in assigned work area following established policies and procedures. Also, responsible for performing other miscellaneous housekeeping duties such as replenishing supplies. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Ensure that assigned areas are cleaned and disinfected according to departmental procedures. This may include dusting; mopping; vacuuming; spot cleaning carpets; washing walls, ceilings, furniture and fixtures; emptying trash; restocking supplies; washing and making beds.
2. May set up furniture in conference rooms.
3. Maintain housekeeping cart, restock paper receptacles, replace sharps containers, and orders supplies essential to the job. Clean and store equipment properly.
4. Respond to emergency cleaning needs or housekeeping requires in a timely manner.
5. In clinical areas, communicate with clinical personnel to determine priority of cleaning needs.
6. Performs other duties as assigned. QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of one year formal housekeeping experience preferred; experience in hospital or healthcare setting preferred.
- Depending on facility assigned to, may require valid driver's license.
UNITED GENERAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Basic verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Strong customer service skills
- Basic computer skills
- Work requires moderate physical exertion 34% to 65% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or more.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments; reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more; hazards may include exposure to cleaning chemicals and disinfectants, soiled linens, unknown liquid in trash bags and biohazards (sharps).
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).
- There are ergonomic risks identified for each Environmental Services Floor Technician assignment; Safeguards are based on assignment and may include eye, face and hand protection, safety shoes and ergonomically correct procedures related to lifting, pushing and pulling.
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. Wage range for this role is $13.50-19.06 hourly. About PeaceHealth
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Sedro-Woolley community please visit our homepage:
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email . Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications. Location:
Sedro-Woolley, United General Medical Center (250) Job Category:
Business, Administrative & Facilities Shift:
Variable Shift Length:
8 Hours FTE:
0.6 Work Type:
Part Time Hourly compensation starts at:
$13.50, more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Sedro-Woolley || Business, Administrative & Facilities || Environmental Services/Facilities || Part Time || FACILITIES SVCS