Our company was founded in the early 90's and we've grown to be an industry leader. You can find our locations all throughout the United States and we are still expanding today. We are looking for an outgoing, upbeat and energetic Catering Manager for our University location in Huntsville, AL. The Catering Manager will work closely with the Catering Chef to assure creative food presentation and quality. The Catering Manager will help with the training of all front of the house service associates, including proper serving techniques, garnishing techniques, and service formats. With catering comes a tremendous amount of visibility. Therefore public relations and marketing will also be the Catering Manager's responsibility.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations:
- Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
- Ensure that all associates demonstrate an aggressive hospitality (respect) toward customers and clients.
- Ensure that client communications is effective in all areas.
- Follow up to customer/client/associate surveys.
- Conduct client/administration tours of facilities.
- Respond to all catered events in writing describing pricing and services available.
Program Quality And Standards
- Encourage associate creativity and innovation within agreed upon company standards.
- Responsible for implementation and effectiveness of programs are in compliance with company standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Provide recognition for associates when programs are implemented with success.
Business Growth And Marketing
- Increase catering revenue and operating profit contribution by implementing and building services and creating other opportunities for growth.
- Maintain an awareness of the competition and market conditions internal and external to the facility.
- Promote and leverage the company name and resources to maximum advantage throughout the unit.
- Assist in and develop a business plan and budget for the catering operation.
- Control expenses within the catering department.
- Responsible for the attainment of financial goals for the catering operation.
- Involved with sales survey pricing of business as required.
- Monitor and implements cash collections of all billed parties.
- Prepare weekly report of all catered events.
- Responsible for productivity and staffing that is appropriate for catering needs.
Leadership And Managerial Skills
- Demonstrate and promote the company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Promote teamwork within the unit.
- Recognize the need for and demonstrate good communication and listening skills with clients, customers and associates.
- Visit other units on a selective basis to ensure that a sharing and exchange of ideas and experiences occurs.
- Represent the company professionally and ethically at all times.
- Follow the principles of Management By Walking Around to maintain contact with clients, customers and associates.
- Excellent Compensation ($52,000 - $56,000)
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(K) Company Matching Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- 5 Day Work Week
- Paid Vacation
Apply Now - Catering Manager located in Huntsville, AL.
If you would like to be considered for this position, email your resume to Ben.