The Area Operations Manager (AOM) works closely with restaurant teams and above restaurant leaders of Burger King Corporation (BKC) franchisee companies to implement strategies and processes designed to enable delivery of world class operations, optimize franchise business performance and achieve company targets. The AOM is also responsible for ensuring that franchisees operate within BKC standards and policies.
- Responsible for driving World Class Guest Satisfaction through close interaction with restaurant leadership teams, ensuring that tools are used and action plans are followed to deliver a best-in-class experience in all areas of the guest experience.
- Responsible for protecting brand standards in areas such as food safety, restaurant cleanliness, and repair and maintenance by routinely advising franchisee restaurant leadership teams on areas of opportunity and strategies for maintaining excellence
- Responsible for driving Speed of Service by assisting franchise organizations with proper use of available tools and tactics for achieving speed targets
- Responsible for working with area franchisees on profitability at the restaurant level
- Responsible for monitoring usage of mandated equipment and adoption of technology to ensure delivery of better, more consistent products to guests, while improving franchisee profitability
- Responsible for ensuring great results are achieved the right way with honesty and integrity by reporting restaurant metrics as true reflections of restaurant performance
- Conduct business performance reviews in order to identify areas of opportunity in the restaurant and use problem-solving methodologies and business judgment to develop strategies to improve the franchisees' business and solve problems
Qualification and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required
- Previous experience in QSR, retail, food & beverage, or similar industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Skilled in root-cause problem solving methodologies
- Ability to present financial information both orally and written (PowerPoint)
- Consult with, advise, and provide support to franchisees regarding daily business issues
- Engage in immediate problem resolution and/or root-cause action plans to correct critical brand standards or food safety issues
- Discuss data-driven, long-term goals with franchisees and above restaurant leaders about operational and service needs, and strategies to achieve results
- Develop effective professional relationships with restaurant team members and above restaurant leaders, enabling the productive and efficient exchange of information and ideas that drive performance
- Supports multiple BKC departments in their relationships with franchisees (i.e. marketing initiatives, digital campaigns, operational focuses, new equipment launches, etc.)
- Perform classroom training for above restaurant leaders
- Help analyze and speak to franchisee P&L and operational drivers/metrics
Equal Opportunity Employer
Restaurant Brands International and all of its affiliated companies (collectively, RBI) are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers that do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, provincial or federal laws, rules, or regulations. RBI's policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities upon request.