Overview: As the Talent and Development (T&D) Team Member Advisor, your main priority is to ensure a Healthy and Engaged Manufacturing environment. You will be responsible for providing execution and ongoing support of all Human Resources policies, procedures and processes, ensuring consistency in all of our people practices. You will actively work with your manufacturing leadership teams and our agency partners to maintain optimal staffing levels, as well as provide support to Team Members.
Role and responsibilities:
- Works closely with Manufacturing Leaders and Team Members by having an active presence on the plant floor to drive Human Resources programs, processes and policies to continuously enhance working relationships, build engagement and increase retention.
- Advise Manufacturing Leaders on Team Member relations issues, i.e. performance management, attendance management, respectful workplace and code of conduct.
- Support Progressive Discipline process including investigations, documentation, recommendations and coaching/issuance of discipline with Manufacturing Leaders.
- Act as first point of contact for all hourly Team Members on all Team Member relations questions, concerns and issues. Investigate and respond to Team Members in a timely manner ensuring follow-up and closure of each case.
- Acts as contact for recruitment agency partners including: Overseeing agency communications; On board new agency Team Members; Works with Manufacturing and agencies to ensure day to day manpower needs are met and follow-up on any agency Team Member issues; Work with Manufacturing Leaders to create agency action plans for staffing challenges and issues as well as continuous improvement.
- Conducts searches for required personnel by direct recruiting, placing advertising, attending job fairs, and working with appropriate agencies. Recommends methods of improving retention/recruitment strategies, wage and salary plan, and marketing.
- Interviews and screens applicants, refers them to the appropriate departments and follows up with both the department and applicant.
- Oversees on-boarding process from start to finish ensuring a smooth hiring process for new employees.
- Prepares monthly reports detailing personnel requisitions received, recruiting activity, cost of advertising, and average time required to fill requisitions.
- Conducts post-hire interviews after 90 days of employment and periodically follows up with new employees to determine the level of satisfaction they have with their new jobs.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 -3 years of HR experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication capability. Must be able to speak, write, read and interpret documents in English and Spanish.
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook as well as other PC programs that may be required by the function/area.
- Ability to work flexible schedule primarily evenings 3:00pm - 12:00am.