****Please only serious inquiries ****
New Sam's General Store searching for a friendly and engaging Barista who is passionate about the food and beverage industry. The Barista for Sam's General Store will greet customers, answer their questions about the historic property, take orders, accept payments, and skillfully prepare food and drinks for our guests.
The Barista will also maintain a clean and well-stocked workspace and dining area, update displays, and continuously expand their knowledge of food and beverage quality controls, preparation methods, and presentation standards.
To succeed at Sam's General Store, you should be committed to providing customers with an outstanding experience. People should not only remember how good their coffee was after they leave, but also how courteous, informative, and polite you were.
• Welcoming customers, informing them about specials or new items, answering questions, and accepting orders and payments.
• Preparing foods, such as sandwiches or baked goods, and grinding and blending coffee beans, brewing coffee and tea, and serving items to customers.
• Packaging food and beverages for sale.
• Selling coffee and tea blends and brewing equipment, highlighting the differences between items and educating customers about brewing methods.
• Cleaning and restocking work and dining areas, emptying trash, and sanitizing equipment and utensils.
• Learning about brewing methods, beverage blends, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve quality.
• Working in as part of a high-energy team.
• Adhering to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience in food and beverage preparation or customer service preferred.
• Training and willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation.
• Exceptional listening and communication skills.
• Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods.
• Availability to work around peak hours, early mornings, weekends, and holidays.
• A polite, engaging personality.
• Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence.
• Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment.
Send resume that demonstrates your experience level for this job or letter explaining your passion to learn and be a Barista.
Discover this historic, iconic resort in the beautiful Napa Valley. A special place planted with olive and palm trees, roses and herbs. We have given a nod to the past by preserving our 1910 olympic mineral pool and by keeping everything relaxed. Our goal is to create a one-of-a-kind experience for our guests.