Company and Situation Overview
Diamond Crystal Brands seeks a highly talented, engaged Inventory Control Coordinator Maintenance Supervisor in our Savannah, Georgia manufacturing plant.
Diamond Crystal Brands ("DCB") is a privately owned $315 million food manufacturer headquartered in Savannah, GA. The Company was acquired in 2016 by Austin, TX based private equity firm Peak Rock Capital. Prior to the acquisition, DCB had been an operating division of Hormel since 2002.
The Company operates five plants which are located in Savannah, GA; Bremen, GA; Duluth, GA; Bondurant, IA; and Visalia, CA. DCB is a leading provider of tabletop, beverage and meal solutions to the foodservice industry. It provides extensive lines of liquid portion control products (e.g., Skippy Peanut Butter), sugars and creamers (e.g., Café Delight), alternative sweeteners (e.g., natural & organic sugar substitutes) as well as blended dry mixes & powders (e.g. sauces, beverages, dressings). DCB currently manages a portfolio of over 600 customers and 2,000 SKUs. It has approximately 750 employees. The Company operates BPICS and QAD at its five plants, which are connected to an Oracle financial system.
Diamond Crystal Brands, Inc. has substantial upside potential driving value creation levers such as top-line sales growth, product and package innovation, operational & supply chain improvements and other breakout initiatives. A new senior leadership team has been appointed; CEO, Tony Muscato, is a high-growth oriented food industry veteran in the US and Europe with Heinz and most recently the CEO of private equity owned Harry's Fresh Foods.
The successful candidate will be an essential contributor to the ongoing success of the site inventory and reports to the plant Finance team.
JOB SUMMARY: Supervises the day-to-day maintenance activities to ensure that Diamond Crystal Brands objectives for efficiency, economy, quality, and productivity are met or exceeded.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of maintenance/ production staff to expedite work order processing, production breakdown response, efficient project completion, and implementation of other maintenance policies and procedures and to ensure work is performed in compliance with established guidelines for safety and productivity
- Schedules and monitors maintenance of production machinery, related equipment, and spare parts inventory to ensure maintenance standards are met, to minimize down-time, and to meet production schedule requirements.
- Designs or lays out in-house projects to enhance company productivity and reduce down-time.
- Monitors the budget to ensure that maintenance costs are within plan.
- Communicates with maintenance staff and other employees to disseminate maintenance standards and ensure compliance and regulatory agency standards.
- Adheres to food safety, quality and legal compliance. In the event of a crisis (i.e. product recall, fire, etc.) delegate responsibilities as outlined in the Crisis Communications and Management Guide.
- Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Electrical, hydraulic, refrigeration, pneumatic, boiler, and other systems
- Supervisory concepts and techniques
- Relevant division or department policies and regulations
- Project management concepts and techniques
- PC word processing/spreadsheet software applications
- Maintenance in a manufacturing environment
- OSHA, USDA regulations
Skill and ability to:
- Read diagrams and blueprints
- Interpret maintenance anomalies or irregularities and identify appropriate solutions
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with employees verbally and in writing
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with internal customers
- Read and process written information with a high degree of accuracy
- Climb, crawl, squat, kneel, reach or twist
- Lift, push, pull, or carry objects over 25 pounds
- Work effectively in a general business environment, with a focus on high levels of quality and customer service
- Supervises 10 to 20 maintenance employees.
- Productivity/quality standards: project management
- Productivity/quality standards: responsiveness and reliability
- Productivity/quality standards: waste reduction
- Productivity/quality standards: minimal down-time
- Cost containment
- Teamwork within the department and across departments
- Project/assignment standards
- Customer satisfaction
- Safety standards and procedures: facility and equipment