SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The Senior Security Administrator will play a key role in helping establish our security by focusing on enhancing the security posture of our corporate infrastructure and organization. Senior Security Administrator will help work to develop and implement a comprehensive information security program. This includes defining and implementing security policies, processes, and standards. The Senior Security Administrator will select and deploy technical controls to meet specific security requirements.
- Evaluate and enforce IT security controls, security policies, and secure computing practices. Integrate with various teams on technology initiatives to improve security of our systems and operations. Document policies, processes, and controls.
- Perform scheduled vulnerability scanning, patch management and reporting.
- Assess and manage vendor risk. Manage a diverse set of security platforms and generate reports for senior leadership consideration.
- Evaluate, Recommend, Install, Operate SIEM and other intelligence systems to monitor the environment for actionable events.
- Manage security tools and services for authentication, authorization and other security services.
- Coordinate incident response, analysis, remediation, and cleanup.
- Follow industry and best practices and procedures in a CIS environment.
- Work off hours and weekends as required. 24/7/365 on-call availability for emergency escalations.
KEY EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of experience in IT Security or related Infrastructure administration in a highly available and production environment
- Minimum of 2 years' experience implementing and following security frameworks or compliance standards, such as CIS Controls, NIST, COBIT, etc..
- Prior Technical lead experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS :
- Certifications or training that demonstrate a commitment to continued professional information security advancement.
- Working knowledge and experience with security such as vulnerability management, incident response, threat management, and others.
- Strong knowledge of DNS, network protocols, firewalls, VPNs, web application firewalls, email security, IPS/IDS, SIEM, DLP, cryptography, application whitelisting and endpoint protection.
- Knowledge of CLI and scripting language experience (Python, PowerShell, etc..) and how they can be used.
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, to adapt to frequent priority changes, and response to ad-hoc requests. Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and completes them under time constraints.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline and five years related experience; or,
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- Nice, but not required, IT Security Certifications (CISSP, SANS, (ISC)2, GIAC, etc.)