If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us at to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
This posting is for a new Huse Culinary concept, the 1933 Lounge, interviews for this position will begin late September 2019 or early October 2019.
Lead Host/Hostess Essential Job Functions
- Complete all opening or closing duties.
- Manage reservations, table placement, and floor plans.
- Draft floor plans with assigned Servers.
- Provide private dining notes and special requests to Servers.
- Lead host staff entire shift.
- Welcome, all guests with a genuine and delightful smile. Interact with guests as they arrive and leave the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Use the guest name whenever possible.
- Identify special occasions and extend wishes.
- Initiate genuine conversation while escorting guests to their tables.
- Point out the location of restrooms.
- Take guest information, accurately quote wait time, and follow up immediately.
- Answer phone, answer questions concerning the menu and restaurant and assist with reservation requests. Fill to go orders when requested.
- Sell gift cards, bottled cocktail sauce, and seasoning.
- Observe tables and update the status on reservation tablet.
- Stock and maintain sufficient levels of menus, pens, postcards, business cards, to go bags, and mints.
- Assist with and maintain a clean and organized restaurant and work station.
- Maintain restrooms throughout a shift.
- Wipe down front desk and menus.
- Follow opening and closing checklist.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested by the General Manager and Restaurant Managers.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and maintain a positive attitude with a pleasant demeanor.
- Be a team player. Support and be supported by your co-workers.