Brent's Deli is a well-established family owned and operated Delicatessen and Restaurant located in Northridge and Westlake Village. We are looking for hard-working, self-motivated, and exceptionally friendly people who enjoy serving/bartending. Job requires punctuality, teamwork, and professionalism. Experience preferred but we are willing to train the right applicant. Applicant must be twenty-one years of age or older. This is primarily a part time position with both weekend and holiday requirements.
The individual applying for this position should have experience in:
We are looking for applicants who possess a passion for food and beverage. All crew members provide friendly, helpful and knowledgeable guest service that goes above and beyond at all times. Each crew member contributes and excels in a team service environment. All crew members are responsible for understanding the duties of their position and following all company standards and guidelines.
• Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Current CA Food Handler's Card.
• Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
• Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Complete opening/closing duties as assigned.
• Take Guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
• Input orders into point-of-sale system.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
• Acknowledge all guests, anticipate Guests' needs, and respond promptly to guests - however busy.
• Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests, management and co-workers.
• Present guest checks and process payments adhering to cash handling and credit policies.
• Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
Individual must be:
Brent's Deli, Where Everyone Who Sits At Our Table Is Family…
At Brent's Deli, we combine family values with quality ingredients for a recipe of long-standing success. Voted as one of the best delicatessens in Los Angeles and Southern California, the story of Brent's Deli begins well before we opened our doors in 1967.
For years, Brent's Deli founder Ron Peskin had worked behind the counter at various delis throughout the San Fernando Valley, including his uncle's establishment. When he was offered a position as manager at an established yet declining deli in Northridge, Peskin respectfully turned down the position, but the owner offered to sell him the business. Despite the advice he received against the financial investment, Ron Peskin and his wife Patricia bought Brent's Deli and forged into the delicatessen and restaurant scene with just one delivery truck and 11 employees. They kept the name Brent's Deli due to the coincidence of having a son by the same name (i.e. Brent Peskin).