This is a full time, permanent Commercial Food Service Project Engineer opportunity at a company that has doubled in size in the last seven years and has recently been named Manufacturer of the Year.? They have experienced four consecutive years of industry leading growth.? Employees are very highly valued.? The company prides itself on producing superior quality products.? The company manufactures solely in the US and exports but does not import. ?
The successful candidate's duties and responsibilities should encompass:
- Creating design specifications (component, sub-system, and system specs which may require soliciting data from service, sales, and operations), concept analyses, benchmark reports, DFMEAs, technology assessments, test plans, mathematical design models, engineering reports, cost estimates, engineering project plans and other associated engineering knowledge deliverables.
- Developing design concepts and associated technologies through the following key duties:
- Concept generation, selection and stakeholder validation
- Modeling the mathematical relationships between key design factors and critical technical responses through theoretical and empirical methodology and analysis
- Predicting potential failures, designing for reliability, robustness and manufacturing
- Qualifying the design performance, reliability, robustness and acceptance to regulatory standards through test plans and statistical analysis
- Effectively documenting and reporting key learning for a wide range of technical and non-technical recipients
- Leading new product development process and take ownership of project schedule (includes plans for experimentation, qualification tests, field test units, lab builds, and pilot builds)
- Ensuring?the design of critical/long lead-time components progress without delaying the project schedule
- Collaborating?with Electrical/Software engineers on product functions/interfaces
- Mediating?the product design as the lead design engineer through guidance of the engineering and product team as needed
- Providing?reporting for management and technical reviews.
- Assisting test engineer with evaluating samples and oversee finished product testing standards
- Taking?direction from supervisor that may require doing whatever it takes to advance the development of the project
The successful candidate must have a background in manufacturing commercial food service equipment as well as a proficiency in DFSS (DOE, DFMEA, QFD/CPM, robust design, mathematical modeling, reliability analysis), FEA, or CFD.