Part Time, FTE: 0.8; Every Other Weekend
NorthBay Medical Center
The Resource Specialist will perform a combination of duties designed to maximize the utilization of hospital resources and coordinate post-hospital care for patients in support of Inpatient Case Management (IPCM). These comprehensive duties include communication and coordination with payers and outside agencies to assist with patient discharge and supporting IPCM accountabilities.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
Licensure and Certifications:
Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- One or more years of experience in a hospital or medical setting required.
- Knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Experience in utilization management, discharge planning, and/or social work preferred.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively.
- Able to handle multiple telephone calls and work with frequent interruptions.
- Good oral and written communication skills required.
- Proficient in using copiers, fax machines, computers, and other general office equipment. Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Cerner, and MIDAS+ preferred.
- The NorthBay Way is a set of value-based behaviors that are to be consistently demonstrated and role modeled by all employees that work at NorthBay Healthcare. The NorthBay Way principles consist of Caring, Communication, Collaboration and Competence.
- Requires some walking, periods of sitting and standing. Some stooping, bending, and twisting. Requires use of computer keyboard throughout the workday.
We're NorthBay Healthcare
With one urgent care center, two hospitals and three Centers for Primary Care in Solano County, NorthBay is everywhere you need us to be. We accept many health insurance plans and have more than 90 doctors ready to help you stay healthy and listen to your concerns.