About our Company:
Martin Resorts is a collection of premier hotels on the Central Coast of California. Since its founding, it began with a simple vision from Tom Martin that the company holds close to its heart every day. With everything that the company does, the mission, vision, and values are the centerpiece for driving our team members and providing the best guest experience at our hotels in San Luis Obispo.
The mission of Martin Resorts is to promote a contagious spirit of hospitality enriching the lives of our employees, our guests, and our community, one experience at a time. The five core values that our team members live by every day include:
- Empowerment: Developed by trust, training, support, and respect.
- Authentic: Genuine service, people and experiences.
- Distinction: Continuous pursuit of the highest standards-going above and beyond.
- +HUMM: Working together and supporting one another as a team to achieve extraordinary results.
Houseperson, you will be responsible for supporting housekeepers and supervisors with maintaining the property in a fast-paced and positive environment. The Houseman looks to provide help in all janitorial and maintenance areas, striving to maintain a clean and tidy property with a friendly attitude and exceptional customer service skills. You work effectively in a teams and use excellent communication skills to correspond with co-workers and supervisors.
Responsibilities of the Ideal Candidate:
- Use customer service and communication skills in any and all interactions with guests and co-workers.
- Begin and end each day with cleaning and organizing the hotel property, including collecting trash, soiled linens, and newspapers from guest rooms and public spaces.
- Upon guest checkout prepare each room by removing trash and soiled items, in addition to separating appropriate items for pick up.
- Flip mattresses on a quarterly basis, or as required by the manufacturer.
- Deliver requested supplies to guest rooms, such as towels, cribs and cots, while maintaining a friendly demeanor and a helpful attitude.
- Efficiently report missing or found items, damage or merchandise problems to housekeeping supervisors.
- Communicate with housekeepers to replenish supplies and stock storerooms, as well as performing room attendant duties when necessary.
- Sustain the safety of the property though risk-management behavior, proper inspections, participation in Safety and Security Committee and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Following safety procedures as your role is defined.
- Possess Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Positively contributing Team Member
- Possess Customer Focus
Experience and Education:
- Previous in a Houseperson position preferred but not required.
The minimum physical requirements for this position include but are not limited to:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds frequently to assist guests
- Ability to hear, understand and communicate orally and in writing to communicate with staff, vendors and guests a normal in-person and phone conversation
- Ability to bend and twist, push and pull, stoop, and kneel
- Ascend and descend a ladder