Description Cook - Central Texas Medical Center Location Address:
1301 Wonder World Dr., San Marcos, TX 78666 Top Reasons to Work At Central Texas Medical Center, San Marcos, TX
- Live in the Texas Hill Country that includes small towns and big appetites within a 30 minute drive to Austin and also includes living near the San Marcos River for tons of aquatic fun.
- Located near Colleges and Universities to expand your career by offering Tuition reimbursement and includes many low-cost living environment choices.
- CTMC's CREATION Health Institute was created to provide information, education, health screenings and events that emphasize a healthy lifestyle. Offerings such as HealthCheck, disease management, support groups, women's health, nutrition, healthy living for seniors and children's health are provided to the public for free or a minimal fee.
- LeapFrog grade A for patient safety and prides itself in safety for all patients, visitors and employees. Also, recognized for a 6th year of Most Wired Health System, Click here to review other prestigious awards:
- Support the spiritual state of mind of the patient by praying with them and educating families during visits to explain the important element of the healing process.
Day Shift including weekends You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepares all entrees, soups and vegetables for all patient and cafeteria meals and special functions.
- Maintains a clean, sanitary work area.
- Maintains product stores.
- Monitors food temperatures per HACCP guidelines.
- Assists other team members with tasks when necessary and able.
QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- Three to six months related experience and/or training in institutional cooking.
- Must obtain and maintain current Texas Food Handler Certificate or higher certification within 14 days of hire.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- ServSafe preferred
- Food Manager Certification preferred
- Certified Food Protection Professional preferred
To produce high quality, nutritious and appetizing meals for patients, cafeteria guests, and special functions.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.