Advancing Healthcare Together - The Future of Healthcare is in East Texas
Why UT Health - East Texas?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone's life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. Quitman, Texas is a small town with a huge heart where you will have the privilege of caring for your neighbors. Everybody is somebody here.
Representing the very best in healthcare, UT Health East Texas is comprised of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics across east Texas. With nearly 7,500 employees and over 1,000 licensed in-patient beds, UT Health East Texas provides healthcare services to thousands of patients annually through our hospitals, clinics, Level 1 trauma facility, air emergency fleet and EMS service in a metropolitan service area of a quarter-million people.
Our UT Health Jacksonville hospital is seeking an experienced Food Service Worker. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our Dietary department where you will be responsible for:
What You Will Be Doing:
* To assist in food preparation and serving, and to clean the kitchen and dining.
* Assist in distributing menus and checking trays for menu and diet preferences and accuracy.
* Adheres to standard precautions and sanitary, safety and infection control policies.
So what experience are we looking for in our Food Service Workers?
* Must be able to read recipes and/or product directions.
* Ability to operate a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel and cut multiple types of ingredients.
* Experience in preparation of hot and cold food as well as utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements.
* Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
* Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
UT Health East Texas is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).