Facility: St. Anthony Hospital
Department: Food & Nutrition Services
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Status: Per diem
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach - physical, emotional, and spiritual - is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
Receives and processes/prepares food orders for patients, staff, visitors and catering customers. Performs culinary techniques and short-order cooking to the preparation of standard menu items.
All food-handling activities are performed in accordance with external and internal safety and sanitation standards and related regulatory guidelines. Works effectively to minimize waste during the flow of food while maintaining a quality end product
Accountable for the quality of the food prepared, maintaining par stocks, ordering supplies, and rotating products for maximum quality.
* Prepares orders for patient, staff, visitors and catering using standardized back-up recipes and service and/or plating guidelines; notes variances in recipes and plating guidelines, and communicates issues to the Executive Chef.
* Performs culinary activities such as cold food preparation, blanching, steaming, boiling, simmering, emulsifying, deep frying and routine sautéing in the preparation of food; applies basic cooking techniques such as baking, roasting, grilling and frying; prepares short-order and fast-food items using a grill station.
* Maintains production pars to ensure smooth running of the food service operation; completes production par lists, freezer pull lists, pre-meal checklists, requisitioning and waste sheets, and others of similar purpose.
* Operates, safely and accurately, a variety of commercial food service equipment, including knives, slicer, thermometers, measuring utensils, scales toaster, food warmer, chopper, mixer, blender, steamer, grill, fryer, steam kettle, broiler, gas stove, microwave oven, slow-cooker and convection oven.
* Performs work assignments in accordance with regulations and standards applicable to personal hygiene and food preparation/handling/disposal; keeps abreast of department standards, as well as local, state, and federal agency guidelines.
* Assists customers with orders by answering menu and recipe-related questions.
* One year of directly related work experience in the fast-food, restaurant, hospitality or other culinary environment or venue, or any combination of education and experience that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities.
* Vocational training courses in large-quantity cooking is strongly preferred.
Current Food Worker's Card from the Washington State Department of Health is required.
* Requisition ID: 2019-R
* Schedule: Per Diem
* Shift: Evening Job
* Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Anthony Hospital