Job Title: Food Service Associate
Facility: St Elizabeth Hospital
Location: Enumclaw, WA
Department: Food Services
Job Type: Per Diem
Shift: Day Shift
Important Note: Nicotine (including cigarettes, gum, patches, vapors, etc…) and marijuana is part of our pre-employment drug screen
* Performs a broad scope of dietary and kitchen/utensil/equipment sanitation duties using recognized safety, sanitary and food-handling standards and procedures.
* Duties include collecting menu selections from patients, assembling and delivering trays to patients, washing dishes and pots, kitchen cleaning and cash handling.
* Food production, cleaning tables and floors, clearing plates, catering set-up, serving and breakdown.
* Sets up patient trays and delivers meals to patient rooms and units. Collects soiled trays and brings carts/trays to the kitchen area for cleaning.
* Observes and informs nursing staff when patient's lack the desire to eat.
* Sets up catering and delivers, serves and cleans. Sets up and delivers food trays for meetings, as needed.
* Makes protein shakes or blend foods in accordance with recipe cards and less complex recipes such as gelatin, pudding, baked goods and other retail snack food items.
* Performs kitchen duties; including, but is not limited to, wiping down counters, tables and other surfaces, washing coffee pots, soup containers and shelves and sweeping floors. Responsible for washing dishes, pots and utensils.
* Stocks retail and café areas. Assists in putting freight away.
* Performs cash register duties and answers phone, as needed.
Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Six months recent work experience in a healthcare field and/or large-volume food preparation that demonstrates attainment of the requisite job knowledge skills/abilities.
Current Washington State Department of Health Food Worker Card is required.
* Requisition ID: 2019-R
* Schedule: Part-time
* Shift: Day Job
* Market: CHI-Franciscan St. Elizabeth Hospital