Do you have a passion for food? Do you like to work with kids? Do you want a food service job with nights and weekends off?
If so, we have the perfect job for you! Sodexo at the Lake Washington School District is seeking experienced Lead Food Service Cooks to join our Nutrition Services team. This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday during the school district's calendar year with no nights, weekends or holiday shifts. We are looking for people who like working with kids and want to oversee the food service program at one of our Elementary schools. We have positions available in Sammamish, Redmond, and Kirkland. Come join our great team now!
- Kirkland, WA
- Redmond, WA
- Sammamish, WA
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Referral Incentives
- Opportunities for Advancement
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparing mainline entrée and sides for lunch service in accordance with the National School Lunch Program requirements
- Prepare and serve food to 150-300 students in a fast-paced environment
- Seek feedback from students about the program quality and changing food trends
- Communication with kitchen manager for menu development and food ordering
- Receives supplies, rotate stock and date inventory in a timely manner
- Stocks food, condiments, and supplies to maintain adequate quantities
- Tests prepared food for flavor, appearance, and temperature to ensure the highest quality of items served to the students and staff
- Safety and sanitization of work station and kitchen area
- Great customer service and communication skills
- Working with and directing student lunch helpers during service
- HACCP log completion for service area and foods prepared
- Assisting with the monthly inventory of goods
- Assists other team members as needed to ensure an efficient and effective work environment
Requirements & Expectations
- Three years of cumulative cook experience preferred
- Food Handler Permit required
- ServeSafe certification preferred
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Produces small to large batch goods using the advanced and full range of classical cooking techniques.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- Typically performs fast food cooking duties in preparing food items to be served to customers.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Food Handlers License preferred
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires familiarity with kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Involved with the more complex requirements of the position.
- Applies some advanced cooking skills.
- May adapt procedures, processes, tools, equipment, and techniques to meet the requirements of the position.
- Extensive working knowledge of food preparation.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for a scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity
***Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Employer***