Are you looking for some extra money or a place to work while your kids are in school? The Lake Washington School District is a fantastic place to work! LWSD Sodexo Nutrition Services is currently looking for Food Prep Helpers in Redmond, Sammamish, and Kirkland. The work hours vary from school to school. The great news is that you will only work while the kids are in school. Starting pay is depending on experience. We look forward to meeting you!
The main function is to assist in the preparation of food. Cleans and sanitizes work stations and production equipment. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
Working Days & Hours: (Full-time & Part-time positions are available)
- Monday - Friday
- Typical Start Time = 7:00 am
- Typical End Time = 2:00 pm
- Kirkland, WA
- Redmond, WA?
- Sammamish, WA
Benefits available for Full-Time Employees:?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Opportunities for advancement
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, seasons and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- May have basic cooking responsibilities, i.e., cook vegetables, chicken for salads.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training, and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 1 more years of related work experience
- Food Handlers License preferred
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for a scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
***Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Employer***