Food and Dining Services Director
Nature & scope
Consistently provide a fine dining experience to residents of the senior living community in accordance with Cascade Living Group's policies and procedures to ensure that 5-star quality food service is provided at all times. Live by the mission and value statements of Cascade Living Group in all elements of providing services. Responsible for the overall management of the food, dining and beverage operations of the food & dining services department.
- Competitive Pay
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid CPR and First Aid Certification
- Opportunities to learn new skills
- Benefits (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
Minimum eligibility requirements
- Associates or Bachelors Degree in Hotel Restaurant Management or related field preferred.
- Five years of direct supervision and management experience in high-end, senior living communities, hotels or country clubs.
- Experience and/or training in nutrition, food preparation, safe food handling techniques, and foodservice management.
- Ability to hire, train and manage food service personnel and provide effective work direction.
- Ability to manage time effectively and set priorities.
- Ability to effectively carry out and implement change.
- Knowledge of culinary terminology.
- Ability to plan menus and bring creativity to the art of food preparation on a daily basis.
- Ability to operate kitchen and food equipment.
- Ability to operate computer equipment for data entry and retrieval.
- Experience and/or knowledge of special diets and meal preparation for large groups.
- Ability to read and understand recipes, work in a team environment, work flexible shifts, handle multiple tasks at one time, and communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform detail work involving math calculations, problem solve, handle emergency situations, and read and understand menus.
- Must enjoy working with the elderly and able to accept constructive criticism. Ability to interact with residents who are highly susceptible to common illness without posing additional health risks.
- Must maintain good personal hygiene and wear a uniform.
- Manage food supplies and personnel to ensure that operations for areas of responsibility are performed efficiently within established budget and in compliance with local, state and federal health regulations and CLG policies, procedures and quality standards.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be essential job functions and requirements, and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not been included. However, the omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the business and requirement of the job change.