Provides excellent customer service to all members and guest, representing the Club with professionalism. Registers hotel guests, renders bills, receives cash and credits payments, handles phone calls, and processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Greets everyone entering the Spokane Club in a professional, friendly manner, with a high level of customer service, and assists them with their requests
- Professionally administers incoming calls using proper telephone etiquette and redirecting when appropriate
- Uses club software to create and manage hotel reservations
- Complies with special requests whenever possible
- Stays informed about Club-related information and communicates it professionally and enthusiastically.
- Thoroughly understands and follows proper credit, cash-checking, and cash handling policies and procedures
- Understands and monitors room status information, including room locations, type of rooms available, and room rates
- Coordinates room status update by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early-ins, special requests, etc.
- Manages room keys and follows security control procedures
- Operates Front Office equipment, such as ID card creator, mail machine, fax, copier, parking gates, etc.
- Processes member/guest check-ins and check-outs
- Posts and files charges to members' accounts
- Processes mail, packages, and messages
- Coordinates guestroom maintenance work with engineering
- Reports unusual occurrences or requests to the Hotel Operations Manager
- Knows and follows all safety, security, accident prevention, and emergency policies and procedures
- Maintains the cleanliness and neatness of the front desk, lobby, and coat check areas
- Acts as bell person/concierge when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
This is a high visibility position that interacts daily with members, guests, employees, vendors, and various representatives from the community. Part of your job performance requires that you maintain a positive attitude and make a real commitment to competence, job knowledge, pride, professional appearance, courtesy, initiative, and excellence in customer service. You are expected to address issues with an attitude of cooperation and to resolve problems professionally.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; minimum age 18
- Ability to stand for a full 8 hour shift
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Ability to work with a variety of software programs and basic typing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both oral and written form
- Previous Front Desk experience in a hotel preferred
- Valid drivers license