Service Leader SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Achieves guest satisfaction through implementation of company policies, procedures, programs, and performance standards. Monitors compliance with company standards and execution of all company policies to guarantee maximum guest satisfaction and a quality work environment.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
- Ensures that all guests are properly greeted, seated, and served.
- Accountable for proper resolution of all guest complaints.
- Ensures proper control of the facility and equipment through preventive maintenance, repairs, security measures, and adherence to safety and sanitation requirements.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Trains employees during shift to guarantee proper and productive performance.
- Takes responsibility and verifies that all menu items are prepared and served according to standards.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with Manager on Duty and coworkers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Responsible for change fund, cash register, and guest check control. Performance will have a direct affect on the unit?s sales and profits through consistent guest satisfaction and cost controls.
Service Leader PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Extensive standing, without breaks.
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold.
- Reaching heights of approximately 6 feet and depths of 2 1/2 - 3 ft.
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility in space provided.
- Must be able to fit through openings 30' wide.
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy pressure/stress during busy times.
- Bending, reaching, walking.
- Communicating with guests.
- Operating cash register.
- Carrying trays of food products weighing about 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED:
- High school diploma; some college or degree preferred.
- At least six months prior experience in guest service capacity.