1st and 2nd shift available
Supervises employees to ensure that established standards are maintained for food production, safety, service, and sanitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Assists in the selection of new employees.
- Implements disciplinary actions when needed per established policy.
- Completes performance appraisals and recommends salary actions per established policy.
- Supervises serving of meals. Inspects kitchen and dining areas, kitchen utensils and equipment to ensure sanitary standards are met. Follows established cleaning procedures and schedules. Monitors food temperatures, taste and appearance on a daily basis to ensure quality and safety standards are being met consistently.
- Keeps records such as amount and cost of meals served and hours worked by employees. Completes opening and closing checklists per department requirements.
- Handles all cash procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Adheres to established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient population.
- Maintains compliance with standards of operation. Adheres to Business Conduct Policy at all times. Maintains all records and reports to ensure compliance, with all local, stated and federal regulations and codes.
- Maintains compliance with all requirements of Federal, State and local regulations and guidelines including the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, as amended, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, as amended.
- Supervises the daily functions of the department in such a manner as to ensure department efficiency and continuity of service.
- Trains workers in performance of duties and assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote an efficient operation.
- Maintains accurate record keeping system for employees' time cards.
- Effectively coordinates and administers department personnel policies and procedures in conjunction with selection, orientation, training, assignment and staffing, evaluation, discipline and discharging employees in compliance with applicable employment regulations.
- Performs all other related duties.
- Position requires a High School diploma for General Education degree (GED).
- Two years prior food service experience required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret procedural documents and write routine reports and correspondence using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Requires management and leadership skills in addition to good planning and organization skills.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro