ABOUT GENUINE FOODS
At Genuine Foods we create nourishing food environments at schools and workplaces through great-tasting and wholesome meals, made from genuine ingredients. We are a growing social enterprise that uses food to enhance health, productivity and happiness. We believe that fresh, scratch-made food together with unparalleled service and meaningful enrichment programs can transform lives and build community. Food service management is what we do, but what we achieve together with our customers, our partners and our dedicated team goes beyond the plate.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Site Lead is a critical role in the company. As a fundamental member of our team, the Site Lead is in charge at an elementary, middle school, or high school site. This person will be responsible for executing the daily menu to company recipe specifications and the operations of a school site to company standards. Main responsibilities will be: preparing exciting and engaging meals, leading a team of cooks and preps, managing daily prep and administration of each meal. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, has the desire to work with students and educators, and has a superior customer service orientation.
- Leads the daily preparation and service for breakfast, snack, and/or lunch
- Executing meals in accordance with the daily menu and recipe standards.
- On-time service in accordance with the minute-by-minute school schedule for the location.
- Manages food service associates as direct reports and ensures they are following procedures, clocking in on time and providing excellent customer service.
- Completes accurate National School Lunch-compliant production records that tracks what was served for each meal and documents daily meal components, presentation, etc.
- Accountable for their school's financial performance e.g., effective inventory management, food waste management etc.
- Receives deliveries and diligently checks all deliveries of products for quality and accuracy before signing to accept, alerts appropriate parties of any discrepancies.
- Ensures all food safety practices are being followed including proper rotation, food waste, and inventory management protocols.
- Takes daily physical inventory & place orders accordingly.
- Maintains standards as outlined by the Department of Health & Mental Hygiene for a food safe environment and reports immediately any issues such as equipment or facilitates related.
- Serves as the face of Genuine Foods. Warmly and respectfully greets and interacts with students, teachers and parents. Encourages students to try new foods.
- Reports to the field manager and culinary and operations directors and performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years of food or customer service supervisor experience/training in a mid-high volume food service facility or restaurant.
- Creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
- Proven track record of being organized, dependable and self-motivated.
- Team builder and ability to successfully manage and develop a team.
- Able to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down.
- Able to climb stairs and lift up 50 lbs.
- Interest in and committed to Genuine Foods' mission to use food to help students enhance their minds, bodies and happiness.
- Must be able to work in a school environment amongst kids grades K-12.
Benefits and Perks:
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday pay
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Career Growth
Trustworthiness: Integrity. Transparency. Reliability. Consistency. Best quality possible. Delivery excellence.
Personal accountability: Ownership in solving problems. No excuses. Never compromising. Learn from mistakes. Financial stewardship of the bottom line (ours and customers'), without sacrificing quality.
People first: Human centered solutions/approach. Whole person. Teamwork. Hospitality. Every single person matters. Humanity. Empathy. Meeting people where they are. Culturally responsive.
Entrepreneurial: Adaptable. Nimble. Go the extra mile. Responsive. Encouraged to try new things.
Genuine: Real, tasty, scratch-cooked healthy food. Strive for the highest quality, freshest and tastiest product at the price customers can afford. Authentic interactions. Honest. Positive. Proven. Professional.