The Food and Beverage Department at Six Flags Great Adventure has an exciting opportunity available and is looking for candidates to be a part of the Culinary Internship Program. This position will be focused on Back of the House operations in a food stand in the park. Our goal within the Food and Beverage Department is to not only deliver exceptional meals to our guests, but to also assist in making memorable family experiences around our meals while following the Six Flags Mantra. Joining our program will provide you the tools necessary to jumpstart a career within the culinary world.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with staff in stands to improve food recipes and food presentation.
- Preparing and assembling food items in a kitchen area, including the use of a fryer, grill, broiler, and other industrial cooking equipment.
- Preparing, handling and serving food products including but not limited to meat, meat products, pork, shellfish, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, and nut products.
- Managing a kitchen and training stand supervision.
- Upholding kitchen cleanliness, kitchen safety, and proper food handling procedures.
- Assist in catering when needed.
- Working independently or as part of a large team.
- Taking and filling orders and being able to multitask.
- Remain in strict accordance with the Department of Health and Beverage Laws.
- Attend seminars held by various departments within the par
Qualifications for each applicant:
- Must be at least 18 years old by program start date
- Must be in a culinary program or work equivalent.
- Serv Safe Certification preferred.
- Must be professional, outgoing, energetic, self-motivated, and able to motivate others, and have a positive attitude.
- Have open availability
- Work a minimum of four days of the week, two being weekend days (Friday-Sunday)
- Work a shift that will at minimum be eight hours
- Willing to work at minimum thirty-two hours a week
- Be open to Bi-Weekly/End of Program Evaluations
Other Functions: All other duties assigned or necessary to support the park as a whole. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties when circumstances (e.g., emergencies, changes in workload, rush jobs, or technological developments) dictate.
Please be sure to attach a resume, applications without it will be not be considered for the position.
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world's largest regional theme park company with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico, and Canada. For more than 58 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. With a culture built on safety, service, fun and friendliness, integrity, innovation, and results orientation, our mission at Six Flags Great Adventure is to create fun and thrills for all ages.
What's in it for you?
- Gain the understanding of operational aspects from a Team Member POV
- Understand how to operate a food location and its workforce for high optimization
- Optimize the workforces in a specified section of the park to ensure success and profitability
- Gain understanding of how all facets of a multi-million dollar business operates
- Learn how to manage all parts of the business to ensure successful daily operation
- Join seminars with key leaders at the park and corporate levels to discuss their journey and experience
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Free Food for Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Exclusive Rides parties for all employees.
- Complimentary tickets
- In-Park discounts and more!