Come and join the magic with Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa! Perks and benefits may include:
- 100% full coverage of healthcare for you and your eligible dependents
- 100% paid tuition at network schools
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Free theme park admission and much more!
Responsible for providing exceptional guest service while providing hair and makeup services. The makeup artist provides consultation and application services in the art of makeup application. The hair stylist performs professional cuts, styles, chemical services and therapeutic hair and scalp treatments.
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired after March 19, 2024 will not be eligible for an incentive award
- Provide consistent professional hair and makeup services in accordance with Spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Properly care for equipment and us proper amounts of products to be cost effective
- Possess complete knowledge of all services and products while educating and training guests.
- Broad understanding of color symmetry/coordination and understand the use and effects of different textures (frost, shimmer, etc.)
- Must have the ability to create an image for the guest's needs/social event using different makeup colors, textures and application techniques.
- Must possess a technical understanding of product ingredients to avoid allergic reactions
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa's policies and procedures
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required
- Actively promote spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Handle guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provide accurate and immediate responses to all requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction
- Regularly attend/participate in and support ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current spa trends
- Must be able to perform hair/makeup services offered by Resort spa
Basic Qualifications :
- Must currently hold and maintain state Cosmetologist license
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality
- Previous experience in a Spa or Hotel environment
- Previous experience with ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations with minimal/no supervision
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language
- Barber license (with state of Hawaii)
Additional Information :
Full-Time requires full availability: Seven (7) days for any shift.
Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week - Saturday or Sunday required. For training purposes, extended availability for up to two (2) weeks may be required immediately following the start date.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking "Apply for this job" below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking "Next" on each page, then "Submit" on the final page.
Keyword: AulaniCasting, Aulani Casting, Laniwaispa
The pay rate for this role in Hawaii is $14.00 per hour, plus commission and gratuities. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. To learn more about our benefits visit: