Come and join the magic with Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa! Perks and benefits may include:
- 100% full coverage of healthcare for you and your eligible dependents
- 100% paid tuition at network schools
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Free theme park admission and much more!
Responsible for greeting guests and creating an exceptional guest experience in Lounge areas. Perform various drink making techniques which include shaking, stirring, blending and layering. Converse with Guests and Cast in 'Ōlelo Hawai'i to demonstrate the Hawaiian language. Ability to hold extensive conversations with guests, providing exemplary service.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar following standard recipes
- Serve multiple guests at bar and cocktail servers at server stations which includes taking drink order, entering in POS system, delivering to guests and following up with guest service and needs until guest leaves
- Ability to work with bar/restaurant equipment including, but not limited to coffee brewers, soda guns, small dishwashers, and three compartment sink washer setup
- Converse with Guest & Cast Members in Hawaiian
- Engage with guests to teach them about our Hawaiian culture and language using the 'Ōlelo Room shadow boxes as a leaping point
- Share our Aulani Hawaiian values with our guests through authentic interactions
- Must be comfortable working with bar supplies including small trays, carafes, coffee pots, and glassware
- Practices proper sanitation procedures and maintains cleanliness of the area
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- May set up tables within lounge/patio area with glassware, napkins, fruit and garnishes
- May slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Shares knowledge of wines, spirits to Guests
- Able to articulate menu options and ingredients to Guests
- Assists guests with directions, entertainment, show event schedules and other information
- May clear tables and perform pre-bussing duties
- Orders or requisitions liquor and supplies
- Some computer experience, working with POS systems; entering guest drink orders and maintaining a cash drawer to balance at end of shift
Basic Qualifications :
- Must meet state requirements to obtain Hawaii Liquor Commission card
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Strong knowledge of Hawaiian language - able to converse in Hawaiian (must meet with Cultural Advisor to demonstrate language skills)
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to articulate Hawaiian culture
- Demonstrated excellent Guest Service and service recovery abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Self directed, trusted and well respected by peers
- Knowledge of basic cocktail and mixology recipes
- Previous bartending experience in a fast paced high volume environment
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve guest situations
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Alcohol Awareness Training (i.e. RVP, TIPS or equivalent)
- Previous fine dining/table service experience
- Basic wine knowledge
- Some food serving knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of Japanese language preferred
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Benefits include Tuition Assistance, Healthcare Coverage, Weekly Pay, Free Cast Meals, Free Parking and more!
Additional Information :
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking "Apply for this job" below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking "Next" on each page, then "Submit" on the final page.
You may only apply once in a three (3) month period. If you have applied within the last three (3) months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: AULANICASTING, Aulani casting
The pay rate for this role in Hawaii is $28.25 per hour , plus gratuities. Select benefits may be provided as part of the compensation package, such as medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. To learn more about our benefits visit: .