Wisconsin's first choice for casino entertainment. Mission
: Gaming professionals working together to provide a friendly, safe, and fun gaming experience. Values
The duties and responsibilities are not an all inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position.
(Employees will receive 5% below the negotiated pay rate during their probationary status.)
Monday-Thursday (6pm to 6am) - $1.00 per hour worked
Friday 4pm to Saturday 4am - $3.00 per hour worked
Saturday (4am to 4pm) - $2.00 per hour worked
Saturday (4pm to 4am) - $3.00 per hour worked
Sunday 4am to Monday 6am - $2.00 per hour worked
Assist the Pit Managers in the basic functions of the casino pit operations. Observe blackjack dealers in operation to ascertain the policies and procedures are being adhered to in the table games area. Oversee and designate tables to the Casino dealers and ensure proper colored cards are distributed for the daily operation of blackjack and provide accurate Player Tracking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Pit Managers in overseeing that all games are conducted within Department Standard Operating Procedures and National Indian Gaming Association (NIGA).
- Resolve any conflicts which arise during the operation of the games. Maintain game integrity and player tracking, and overseeing the operation of 1-6 gaming tables.
- Recommend to Pit Managers when additional tables need to be opened to accommodate customer demand.
- Track Table Game players play to include monies bet, descriptions of players, level of play, Players Club Members and complete Title 31 information as needed. Ensure accurate player tracking of all Title 31 transactions as they may occur in the pit.
- Designate tables to the Casino dealers and ensure proper colored cards and dice are distributed for the daily operation.
- Assist in the daily inventory of retrieving the correct number of cards and dice from the card room to the pit area for the start of the table game operations; and to also return the remaining inventory of cards and dice to card room at end of shift.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public relations and customer service.
- Knowledge and understanding of the blackjack and various table games.
- Skills in accurately recording numbers and payouts.
- Ability to communicate, read and write clearly in basic English.
- Ability to handle stressful situations while maintaining positive guest satisfaction.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that will include nights, weekends and holidays. Ability to work overtime when assigned.
- Ability to perform duties in a professional and positive manner.
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding guest service at all times.
- Ability to represent the organization in a professional manner, building respect and confidence.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, memoranda, directives, and letters.
- Skill in dealing Table Games.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
- Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation's Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during the course of employment.
- Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation Gaming Division.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- High School Diploma, HSED Diploma or GED Certification is required. Applicants age fifty (50) and older are exempt from this requirement.
- One (1) year dealing experience all major games including Blackjack, Carnival Games, and Roulette.
- Must have good math skills. (Must pass a Floor Person Payout Test).
- Must have proven knowledge and experience of Table Games dealing. (Must be able to successfully pass an Audition to ensure proficiency).
- Must complete training on Blackjack, Carnival Games, Craps and Roulette within 90 days of employment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently stand for extended periods, reach with hands and arms, and talk and hear.
- Occasionally walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Employee must be able to spend a significant amount of time twisting and turning with upper extremities extended across gaming table.
- Work environment is NOT smoke, noise, or dust-free.
- A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or a 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment.
The Oneida Nation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability status in employment or the provision of services. However, individuals of Indian ancestry and Veterans will be given preference by law in initial employment or re-employment.