An individual that can be independent, open thinking and open expression – which only helps you anticipate our guests’ needs. Be enthusiastic, experienced, and guest-focused. The Front Office Manager/ Guest Services Manager will oversee all responsibilities of the front office, ensuring that operational goals are met and that associates are proving an exceptional experience for guests.
This is a full-time position in which flexible hours/shifts will be required. Weekends and holidays will also be required for this role.
• Be a guru of hotel knowledge, including:
All hotel features/services, hours of operation, room types/layouts, room rates and special packages, promotions, room availability, in-house group activities, and hotel policies and procedures.
• Create and maintain a departmental culture of top-notch guest relations to everyone approaching the Front Desk.
• Serve as a motivating team leader, promoting unity and teamwork throughout the department, and effectively managing the front office team to exceed expectations and provide exceptional service.
• Direct and evaluate associates’ performance; follow up with training where needed.
• Review previous day’s occupancy and room revenues; monitor expenses (including telephone, cost of sales, supplies, commission, labor) and resolve any discrepancies with accounting department.
• Conduct pre-shift meetings with associates; monthly meetings and trainings, review daily priorities and delegate work assignments as necessary.
• Manage communications and ensure that guest requests are acknowledged and fulfilled expediently.
• Review and approve associates’ timecards, including payroll reporting
• Tactical responsibilities to include assisting front office staff with processing check-ins/check-outs expediently and covering shifts as needed.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Previous experience in guest services, Hyatt experience preferred
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a front office leadership position.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and phone etiquette.
• Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks and follow-up while simultaneously handling frequent arrivals and departures.
• Experience effectively resolving pressure situations and exercising good judgement.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm for customer service and creating the ultimate guest experience.
• Ability to remain stationary and standing at assigned workspace for extended periods of time.