Overview Systems Planning and Analysis, Inc. (SPA) delivers high-impact, technical solutions to complex national security issues. With over 50 years of business expertise and consistent growth, we are known for continuous innovation for our government customers, in both the US and abroad. Our exceptionally talented team is highly collaborative in spirit and practice, producing Results that Matter. Come work with the best! We offer opportunity, unique challenges, and clear-sighted commitment to the mission. SPA: Objective. Responsive. Trusted.
The Space and Intelligence Division provides engineering services and analytic support to the Air Force, Space Force, Combatant Commands, the Intelligence Community, and NASA. Our work includes systems engineering and integration, test planning and execution, cost estimating and analysis, developing approaches and concepts to meet emerging, high priority National Defense needs, and assessing and developing cutting-edge technologies and capabilities to meet those needs.
SPA has an immediate need for an Acquisition Analyst.
Overview of the PositionYou will support Space Systems Command Strategic SATCOM Division, SSC/CGS. You will be collocated with our customers at Los Angeles AFB in El Segundo, CA. You will provide acquisition support to customers, who are developing the Evolved Strategic SATCOM (ESS) and Enhanced Polar System - Recapitalization (EPS-R) programs.
Responsibilities This position interacts with the O-6 Division Chief and Program Management Office on a daily basis. The successful candidate will provide acquisition support to Space Force customers in El Segundo, CA, working in the premier space acquisition organization responsible for delivering strategic SATCOM capabilities and effects to our warfighters and allied partners.
Key duties associated with this position include:
- Apply program management and systems engineering experience to develop solutions for our customer's most challenging issues
- Develop strategic briefings and reports that summarize technical and programmatic issues, financial constraints, and accomplishments
- Manage information requests, inquiries, and tasks through completion
- Perform research and analysis that summarize relevant issues, incorporate policy and guidance, addresses government, industry, and international partner perspectives to provide recommendations and/or potential courses of action
Qualifications Required qualifications
- US Citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance
- Completion of a Master's degree in a related field
- 12+ years of relevant program management and systems engineering experience
- APDP Level III certification, PMP certification, or ability to obtain PMP certification
- Experience using DoD, Air Force, and/or Space Force tools and applications to include MS Office applications and software
- 17+ years of relevant experience
- Experience developing Acquisition Strategies, developing and defining technical requirements, and evaluating contractor proposals
At SPA, we strive to deliver a robust total compensation package that will attract and retain top talent. Elements of the compensation package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
SPA provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, etc.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are commensurate with experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations. California Pay Transparency Range: $140k - 190k