The Assistant General Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of our restaurant, including the selection, development and performance management of employees. In addition, they oversee the inventory and ordering of food and supplies, optimize profits and ensure that guests are satisfied with their dining experience. The Assistant Manager reports to the General Manager and Director of Operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills
• Must be able to maintain tact and cool under pressure
• Able to work flexible hours necessary including off hours, weekends and holidays
• Ability to have a highly motivated and energetic personality
• Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility
• Excellent guest service skills
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
Qualifications and Competencies
• At least 3 years of restaurant management experience
• Knowledge of MS Office, ALOHA, and Compeat Advantage preferably.
• Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security,
company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
• Self-discipline, initiative, leadership ability and outgoing.
• Pleasant, polite manner and a neat and clean appearance.
• Ability to motivate employees to work as a team to ensure that food and service meet appropriate standards.
• Must be able to handle the pressures of simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate
solutions to restaurant problems.
• Must possess effective communication skills for dealing with diverse staff.
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks such as food, beverage and labor cost while maintaining required standards of operation in
daily restaurant activities.