CDL B Delivery Truck Driver - Local
Airgas is Hiring!
As the "face of Airgas", the Delivery Driver is responsible for:
- Safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck
- Loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet. Most vehicles are under 6 years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology, such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, latest camera technology and GPS navigation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer locations
- Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites
- Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes Collects empty cylinders or rejected or unsold merchandise
- Returns empty cylinders to either a plant or branch location for refilling.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Listens to and helps resolve service inquiries and complaints.
- Provides timely communication back to manager or to the customer's assigned Airgas sales associate regarding any changes or issues experienced by the customer.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, vehicle placards, cylinder labeling and load nesting and strapping at all times comply with Airgas safety standards (SAFECOR) and all government regulations including, but not limited to, those issued by the Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Food & Drug Administration (FDA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies; ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- Valid Class A or B Driver's License.
- Valid Medical Examiner's Card.
- Hazmat, Tanker & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class A or B professional driving experience within the last five (5) years and a clean driving record to include no more than two (2) convictions; OR two (2) at- fault accident in the last 3 years; OR no more than a combination of one (1) conviction and one (1) at-fault accident in the last 3 years.
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school and a minimum of one (1) year of prior driving experience within the last five (5) years.
- Must be at least 21 years or older