CDL B Delivery Truck Driver - Local
Airgas operates a modern and efficient fleet. Most vehicles are under 6 years old and equipped with driver-friendly technology, such as On Board Computers, collision avoidance technology, latest camera technology and GPS navigation.
As the "face of Airgas", the Delivery Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers from an Airgas branch or plant location using a company provided straight or box truck. The Delivery Driver loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
In particular, you will:
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer locations. Delivers compressed gas cylinders to external and internal customer sites. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents by ensuring they are properly completed and reconciled with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies; ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
- Valid Class B Driver's License.
- Valid Medical Examiner's Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last five (5) years and a clean driving record to include no more than two (2) convictions; OR two (2) at- fault accident in the last 3 years; OR no more than a combination of one (1) conviction and one (1) at-fault accident in the last 3 years.
- HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- In lieu of experience, Airgas may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Must be at least 21 years or older.