Delaware North Parks and Resorts is hiring a seasonal Kitchen Supervisor to join our team in Shenandoah National Park, Virginia. If you are an experienced Cook that enjoys working in fast-paced environment, taking pride in delivering quality service and food to guests, inspiring experiences are waiting for you! Apply now to join our collaborative team, supporting guests to explore culinary excellence.
$21.50 - $21.50 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at .
Life in Shenandoah National Park
Looking for a new adventure? Be part of a tight-knit team fortunate enough to live and work in the natural wonder of Shenandoah National Park. With a great work/life balance, you can spend your time off exploring the over 500 miles of hiking trails.
- Low-cost shared dormitory housing available for $50/ week including all meals, utilities, and wi-fi
- Shared fire pit area for use in dorm area
- Meet guests and fellow team members from around the globe
- Tons of outdoor activities including camping, rock climbing, repelling, cycling, fishing, horseback riding
Benefits at Shenandoah
- Weekly pay
- Free shift meal or all meals included with on-site housing
- 30% discount on other meals
- Employee discounts - 30% off most items
- Referral bonus - earn $200 for each eligible referral
- Training and development with opportunities for internal mobility and growth including the chance to work at our other locations nationwide
Note: Additional benefits including insurance and vacation are available for eligible year-round positions at other Delaware North properties
- Create weekly dining room menus from personal or established recipes
- Supervise food prep maintaining quality, presentation, and sanitation standards, while verifying portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained
- Ensure all kitchen equipment is working efficiently, supervising team members with cleaning and food production in their areas, and maintaining cleanliness and organization of walk-ins and freezers, as well as supervising proper breakdown, rotation, labeling, dating, and storage of food
- Actively maintain food cost within parameters set by culinary leadership
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according to proper guidelines
- Minimum two years' experience as a Line Cook, Lead Line Cook, or Kitchen Supervisor
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in a leadership capacity
- Attentive and detailed oriented with basic math skills to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment
- No college degree required
- Must be able to carry up to 50 lbs
- Standing, walking, bending for the duration of the shift, occasionally pushing and pulling to move equipment, mops, and brooms
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip a variety of foods and liquids
Who We Are
Shenandoah National Park offers over 200,000 acres of protected lands with lots to explore including cascading waterfalls, spectacular vistas, and quiet wooded hollows. It's a great place to hike, camp, bike, fish, take photographs or go canoeing. We offer on-site housing and a free meal during every shift.
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.