Palace Entertainment is a leading leisure park operator in the United States and Australia overseeing more than 25 entertainment venues, hotels and educational venues across 11 different states.
Palace Entertainment owns and operates some of the country's largest and most prestigious venues including: National Historic Landmark, Kennywood Park, America's Oldest Amusement Park, Lake Compounce, the world's first ever Cartoon Network Hotel, Best Family Theme Park Dutch Wonderland and a variety of other family-friendly parks and campgrounds throughout the United States.
Palace Entertainment is a subsidiary of Parques Reunidos, one of the leading global operators, with more than 60 different assets (theme parks, zoos and marine parks, water parks and other attractions), spread out over various countries across Europe, North America, the Middle East and Australia.
Our guests come to Story Land for the rides making Ride Operators pivotal in ensuring that our guests have memorable and safe experiences at Story Land.
We are currently looking for a:
Story Land - Ride Operator
Roles & Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to:
- Open and close designated ride attraction
- Ensure guest areas are cleaned to the standard for positive guest experience
- Engaging with guests to deliver memorable experiences
- Being ready to assist other departments if needed
- Keep workspace clear and free of trash
- Operate rides with efficiency in mind to maximize a safe throughput
- Watching out for guest safety at all times
- Execute proper ride screening so all guest are safe on rides
- Responding to guest questions about the ride or park rules and policies
- Making announcements to riders on how to ride safely or what to expect during the ride
- Observing operation of the ride to ensure that it is running properly and safely, reporting concerns to supervisors if needed
- 16 years or older (some rides are 18 years and older)
- Able to communicate and receive direction/instructions in English
- Able to stand on feet for prolonged periods of time
- Capable of working outside: rain or shine, hot or cold
Team member benefits:
Working at Story Landis about making people happy. It's about being independent and having fun, making new friends and earning extra money while doing so. As a Story Landemployee, you can be the smiling face that greets incoming guests, a cook that makes things happen in the kitchen or a ride operator that keeps people entertained and safe.
Story Land Perks & Benefits:
- Flexible schedule
- Ability to cross-train and learn unique skills across various departments
- Free admission to Kennywood and all Palace Entertainment parks on your days off
- Invited to exclusive employee events throughout the season
We've got great jobs for people just starting out in the workforce, looking for a second job or staying active after retirement. If you want a fun, flexible job with an innovative company, look no further than Story Land. Apply today!
Do not miss the chance to spark your career now!